Co-Productions Qualify

I can't report to you the fascinating discussions going on at the WGC Forum, 'cause it's a no-tweet zone. But I did run across this handy factoid (which, caveat, I need to confirm):

Any co-production qualifies as CanCon.

This can work against Canadian writers, as when a 20% Canadian show with no Canadian writers, like THE TUDORS, qualifies to the CMF as CanCon.

But it also works for us on majority co-productions, because it removes the "set in Canada" requirement. So if you had a show set in ancient Egypt or Rome or even in the United States, which would not normally qualify for CMF funding, it would qualify if you brought in a minority 20% European partner (and shot it in Canada with Canadian actors etc.).

I think this is good news for Canadian writers, if I can confirm it, because it opens up a raft of stories that Canadian audiences might be interested in that don't take place in Canada.

Or so I'm told. Now who can confirm this for me...?