Already the last night!

Yesterday

We took the subway to the Upper West Side to visit the Columbia campus. It's my dream to go to school there to specialize my law degree. I really loved it there, so green and calm and beautiful.


After that we went to take a look at the St. John the Divine Cathedral, but it was too rainy to hang around. We took a cab to the Museum of Natural History, which was very entertaining but had really bad food, and then we walked through Central Park towards 5th (I got myself a pair of Tiffany earstuds).


Sheep MeadowThe Lake

After Tiffany we went to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) which I LOVED. I did not like the contemporary art. I really just don't get looking at a spash of paint on the floor or a random hay bale. But the 4th and 5th floor, where the paintings (1880s-1970s) hung, were just amazing. We only had an hour to closing time, but I enjoyed every second. I love these painting, and the Monet is one of my alltime favorites.

Les demoiselles d'Avignon - Picasso
Kandinsky
Waterlillies - Monet
Olive Tree - Vincent Van Gogh

In the evening we went to dinner with my parents in a very trendy Italian restaurant SD26 (Madison Square Park, 26th Street) where my dad ordered our drinks with an iPad and where I had a very lovely but very tiny pasta.

Today

Today was our first time below 27th Street, and we visited pretty much everything there is. We took a walk to the Memorial Arch, and through SoHo and Little Italy, which are such cosy neighborhoods! The further we walked south the gloomier it got, though. I don't like to walk past dirty shops with people standing outside whispering under their breath, "Gucci, Fendi, Coach, Prada...", everything fake! Hate it, and it's pretty creepy too, especially with the rain.


Memorial Arch



SoHo

But the Courthouse and City Hall were beautiful. In the Financial District we walked through Wall Street. I didn't really like it there. It could of course be the weather, but I found the atmosphere rather depressing and grey. Finally we visited Ground Zero. There wasn't much to see though, it was pretty much a big construction area, but there were posters hanging there with what they were building and it really is going to be amazing.

Federal Hall

Now were going to see a movie, get something to eat and visit Times Square! I can't believe it's already our last night here.

xoxo